Security is an essential service to help keep a company's staff, visitors and premises safe during the working week. Luckily, there are many types of security solutions, all of which suit different companies in different ways. In this blog we explore 6 types of security solutions that can be deployed to make your business a safer and better place to work.
In-house Access Control, Fire Detection and CCTV
In-house access control, fire detection and CCTV are a security solutions combination where the design, installation and servicing of all security systems required by a service partner is managed by an in-house team. These three services offer a business added security and peace of mind, putting additional elements in place to ensure your business is as secure as it can be.
What are the benefits of In-house Access Control, Fire Detection and CCTV?
- These services incorporate technological aids within your business that make it easy for you and your business to be in control of who has access to your buildings and sites, be able to track any threats of fire, and to be able to keep an eye on areas at all times as seen fit.
- It provides 24/7 detection and protection services.
- It takes the burden off your mind knowing that your business site is protected from multiple threats.
A concierge security solution is perfect for an organisation looking for a more secure and guarded front of house. This type of security is usually seen in places that offer hospitality, such as hotels and restaurants. However, they can also be put in place for hospitals, schools and even some larger businesses too.
A concierge security guard will be able to deliver a wide range of duties. These include:
- CCTV monitoring
- Call answering
- Monitoring the access to your premises
- Welcoming and greeting visitors
- Providing a standard security service
What are the benefits of having a concierge?
- They combine the role of a receptionist and a security guard into one thereby saving desk space and money.
- They create a secure and safe environment for people visiting your premises.
Mobile Patrols differ from a regular security solution as, instead of having a full time security guard on your premises at all times, you have a guard that will visit at agreed or random times in order to check over the interior and/or exterior of your premises. They can also be asked to visit at random times throughout the day or night, which is ideal if you are concerned about energy wastage, vandalism, crime, or perhaps even unwanted occupants.
What are the benefits of Mobile Patrols?
- If you do not want a permanent security guard present mobile patrols offer great flexibility.
- They offer all the peace of mind that security guards bring, however, they are only found at the premises at agreed intervals.
- They can check the indoors and outdoors of the building/s making sure that everything is safe and secure.
- Offer safety and support if you have lone workers that may be in the premises early in the morning or late at night.
A Stewarding Officer ensures that everyone who attends an event is safe. Stewarding can be arranged for a festival, a sports event, a concert, or any type of indoor or outdoor gathering which is expected to attract a big crowd. They protect the crowd and ensure that they are in the right areas. They are also there to pick up on any potential risks, issues or threats that could occur during the event.
What are the benefits of arranging Stewarding?
- Whilst some security services are good to have, stewarding is necessary. You cannot run an event without having people on hand to direct, guide and protect the crowd.
- Stewarding is a visible presence that acts as a visual deterrent to those present. They are often dressed in specific clothes or bright colours to ensure that they are visible to members of the crowd who may have issues or have seen something that is concerning to them.
An alarm activation services include an accredited security professional attending your premises if there is an activation. Although there are several reasons why your alarm system could have been activated, some of which not always leading to criminal activity, it saves you or an employee having to visit a potentially dangerous situation.
What are the benefits of someone else responding to your Alarm Activations?
- Not everyone will feel comfortable with the idea of attending their premises when the alarm is activated. This is particularly true if it is in the evening or if you will be alone. By contracting a company to act when an alarm is activated, the worry is taken away.
- You will not have to put your own safety at risk, instead, a trained member of security staff will attend the call out on your behalf.
- A trained security guard will keep you updated of any issues.
- They can carry out a full and comprehensive search of the building, ensuring that there is no damage, theft or criminal activity occurring inside.
- Satisfy your insurance company about lone workers and keep you safe.
Unfortunately, there is inevitably going to be some occasions when you are not able to be at your business premises; this includes both at night-time and during public holidays. So, what happens if there is an emergency or an alarm activation that requires you to attend the property during these times?
Luckily, this is where key holding services shine. By allowing a trusted security company a key to your property, you are giving them the ability to access the building and direct operations when you are unable to get there or until you can.
What are the benefits of Key Holding?
- You do not have to attend any call outs to your property that are not 100% necessary.
- Sometimes you may find that an alarm is activated for no reason and, if you need to make a trip to your premises, then you may end up feeling frustrated due to being woken for nothing or the time that it takes to get to the building.
- Your Key Holding company will attend any call outs on your behalf, meaning that there is minimal disruption to your life, and you can head out on holiday or out of the area if need be.
- Your Key Holding company have a fully trained and trusted security guards to deal with break-ins, etc. which eliminates the need for sending you or your staff to attend and thereby avoiding a lone working scenario, which could possibly compromise your insurance cover.
Do you need any these types of security solutions for your business?
At WINNS Services we specialise in providing our clients with tailored security solutions to ensure your staff and premises are safe. We have been working with our clients for over 30 years delivering all the security services mentioned above.
Why would you use WINNS?
- We are a professional and family run business with over 30 years’ experience within the industry.
- Our qualified management team, service partners and trained staff allow you to cherry-pick the services that are tailor made to your requirements.
- We are small enough to care, resourced and experienced enough to deliver excellence.
- We will ensure you receive the highest standard of service using the latest technologies and delivering ongoing innovation during the contract.
Get in contact with one of the team for further information on how we can help: info@WINNSservices.co.uk